In research papers for sale conclusion, finding a fantastic essay helper does not need to be hard in any way.The Citizen Engagement in Development – Flagship Programme of the University of Peshawar is a joint programme of the Department of Journalism & Mass Communication and the Institute of Management Studies. It aims to involve youth and women in the development processes to promote participatory planning & feedback mechanism. The programme is designed with sustainability in mind.
[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Core Aims of Participatory Development Planning” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]The core aims of participatory development planning are to give people a say in decision-making and to ensure that development interventions are appropriate to the needs and preferences of the target population. This is the first job finder step towards a self‐sustaining development planning process at the local level. This approach opens ways for the people to participate in the planning process.
Community participation is essential for improving the quality of service delivery. Competent decisions and accountable performance are required from a range of actors, some of whom have been systematically side-lined and often alienated by conventional approaches to participatory planning.
- There is a need to hear these voices at different levels while planning and implementing development projects. Women and youth in particular are mostly excluded from this process. Their participation is particularly important because they constitute a large segment of the total population.
- The project aims to create awareness, empower women and youth to actively participate in development process. Respect for local culture and practices remain a key principle of engagement during project implementation. A no-harm approach is strictly followed to ensure acceptance and sustainability of the project.
- The project plans to disseminate relevant information (local planning needs, needs of women and youth, planning and decision making processes, local government system and structures, status of implementation of development projects etc.) among stakeholders and target groups to create awareness.
- Consultations and dialogues will be held with target groups to build their capacities and empower them to actively participate in the process of development. In a later phase, the project also aims to organize and facilitate social research and studies to help decision-makers learn about local needs and preferences in order to plan locally-appropriate interventions.
- The project engages youth in participatory dialogue with target groups of LoGo piloted districts, including Kohat, Haripur, and Nowshera in KhyberPakhtunkhwa. It maintains a pool of students at the University of работа найти Peshawar selected from four key departments, Journalism & Mass Communication ( JMC), Institute of Management studies (IMS), Gender Studies, and Law College, and Iqra National University (INU).
- The students conduct field visits to consult and report feedback of local communities (mainly women and youth) on the development schemes.
The feedback is regularly shared with relevant stakeholder i.e. Local Council Association, Local Government, academia and news media.